Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Instant Turd

Interesting factoid: You can, technically, make chocolate cake in a coffee mug.

Another factoid: You shouldn't.

I found this recipe on http://baconconcentrate.blogspot.com/ via the serious eats photograzing site (highly recommended). I decided to try it out, but didn't take picture, because, honestly, it sucked. I could barely taste any chocolate at all, and it was freakishly dense. It was like eating a brick-sponge hybrid. That didn't taste like chocolate. Here's the recipe anyway! You love it.

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Mix dry ingredients in the coffee mug, then add milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix together and microwave for 2.5 minutes. Take what you will from this experience.

2 comments:

  1. I love my muffins in a cup - the best muffins I've ever made were in a mug - though not in the microwave :-) Sorry www dot kitchenbutterfly dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband gave my this recipe. One of his co-workers make this it work weekly and says it's GREAT!!! One day he tried it, call me and told me to toss the recipe in the trash. So, I really never tried it. Sometimes short cuts or the easy way just doesn't work. The old ways are the best and should be messed with.
    THANKS!!! for sharing.
    I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes and ideas, come by and visit. Maybe you can do the same.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete